This post is for all the expecting mommas out there! Whether it’s your first baby, or your second, third, or fifth, it’s never too late to start a pregnancy journal.
Pregnancy journals are great for documenting everything from the moment you found out about the good news to bringing your little bundle of joy home for the first time. These journals are great for reflecting upon but also sharing with your kids when they are older for a trip down memory lane.
A few things you may want to touch upon while writing your pregnancy journal are:
- How far along you are.
- What the size of your baby is. Most time you can compare your baby to fruits and veggies.
- Different names you are interested in.
- What your sleep is like.
- Total weight gain – if you dare!
- Photos of the maternity clothes you are rocking.
- Different symptoms you are encountering.
- Any prenatal care appointments you had.
- Craving, aversions, or things that you are currently eating.
- Any highlights that week (IE: baby kicking for the first time).
- Who you told about your pregnancy and what their reaction was. Getting quotes would be a great addition to the book as well!
- What your looking forward to.
- What your fears or frustrations are.
- Any milestones you encountered.
- Things you wish other moms would have told you.
- A brief summary.
After all is said and done, making your journal into a photo book will make for a great addition to your collection. And since our paper is archival and acid-free, the pages won’t yellow or brown over time and this book will become a true family heirloom.
The following list was provided by expecting mother, Jaime of Jaime Lauren Photography. Thanks, Jaime!
2 Responses to “Baby Journal”